Recording your ESI system’s holiday greeting
(Installer or Administrator password access required)
The following is derived from the explanation of Function 61 in your ESI system’s Installation Manual or Administrator’s Manual (as the case may be).
- On any ESI phone within the system, press PROG/HELP.
Note: If using an ESI Feature Phone that has separate PROGRAM and HELP keys, press PROGRAM.
The normal station programming menu prompt will begin to play.
- Stop the prompt by pressing HOLD (or, on an older ESI phone, PARK).
- Enter the Administrator password and then press #.
Note: If this doesn’t admit you to Administrator-level programming (the phone display should show ADMINISTRATOR), contact your ESI Reseller for assistance.
- Access Function 61 by pressing 6 1.
- After the prompt, press 5 4 0 to select system prompt 540, which is the holiday greeting.
If you have already recorded the holiday greeting, the system will play it for you.
If you are satisfied with the currently recorded holiday greeting, skip to step 8.
- To record the holiday greeting (either for the first time or to replace an existing one), press 1.
The system will then prompt you through the normal recording of the holiday greeting.
- When finished recording, press #. The system will then play back the newly recorded holiday greeting.
If it is acceptable, press # to accept; if not, go back to step 6.
- Press # to accept the holiday greeting.
This is the greeting that now will play when your system is put in holiday mode through the use of a programmed day/night key.